Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Birds, Soup and Alphabets

Thanks for stopping by everyone.  I love hearing from you all and reading your comments.  I hope that this finds you all in warm (hopefully pollen-free) weather.  I am working on morphing my allergies into yet another cold!  BLEH!

But before that happens let me have some alphabet soup.  Over at 2x2x2, our awesome blogstress Cstocks is celebrating 3 year anniversary with the theme Alphabet!  You would think that would be an easy theme.  But I had to work really hard to figure out what I would do.  I think I was sick with a cold when I designed this one as well!!


 After I designed this one I started watching these cute little videos from my favorite hockey team The Chicago Blackhawks, entitled "Soup and a Sandwich".  For those who don't follow hockey; Soup is Brian Campbell, nicknamed Soupy because of his last name.  Sandwich is Artemi Panarin, nicknamed Breadman because of his last name sounding so much like Panera Sandwich Co.  So this video is the 3rd one and I liked it because it has some jokes in it.  One of which was about ducks which was our theme 2 weeks ago at EIM.  Check it out.  BTW, check out that awesome sweater?!?


 Also this week over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is woodpecker.  We used to hear woodpeckers a lot around here but I think this weather has them all confused.  But I decided to make a red headed woodpecker.  At least I think that is what this one is.  LOL


Whatcha think?  I like him.  He is the quietest woodpecker EVER!  LOL.

That is it for me this week.  I have been working on my designs from the beads I got from the bead swap from the Facebook group Bead Peeps.  But it is slow going for me on that one.  I will show something next week, hopefully.

Until then don't forget to fly on over to EIM and 2x2x2 to check out the great work over there.  Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed and creative week my friends.

10 comments:

  1. Amazing work as always and the wonders of soup as well. The inchie is incredible.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember loving alphabet soup as a kid, haven't seen any for years...brilliant woodpecker & yes, nice & quiet!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, I have not eaten it in ages either

      Delete
  3. Fantastic woodpecker and all in beads - I am always so totally amazed at how you do it - great design, and the 2x2x2 is souper too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always amazed at how you manage to infer/depict/illustrate (what's the word?) a topic in these tiny beaded gems...tfs...I think the change of seasons has been a soupy indicator...Dixx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianne, I enjoy doing it whatever the proper word is, lol.

      Delete
  5. every time I am looking forward to your inchies, art!! love them

    ReplyDelete