Monday, November 23, 2015

It's a Thankful Week

Hello everyone, I hope that everyone is having a blessed week.  Here in America this is the biggest food week of the whole year.  Some people wait all year for this week.  Some of those people wait for the football and food, others just wait for it to be over so they don't have to see certain family members until the same time next year.  (just kidding)

This week over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is Crochet.  I think those people who can crochet are awesome.  I can not do it.  I really want to try to do bead crochet again.  I love the look of it and think that it is beautiful.  One of these days I am gonna sit down and force myself to learn it.  But until then I will stick with what I love to do; beading.

Here is my inchie. I used 2 colors of delicas and designed a crochet pattern in flat peyote.  Hope you like it as well.

I got the pattern off of a crochet pattern website.  I am not sure how you can crochet this pattern but I thought it looked great and think that it translated well into peyote.

Also this week I finished a bracelet that I put together from a friends earring pattern.  A few weeks back I got a starfish earring pattern from my friend Becca, she is an awesome lady who has a great sense for design.  I started to work on the starfish, but since I can't wear earrings I decided to make 7 of them and make them into a bracelet.  But the need to get Christmas ornaments done superseded my desire to finish this bracelet.

But if you are an artist and you feel a piece screaming at you you have no choice but to listen to the art.  So I went back to the starfish and finished the bracelet.  Check it out.


This bracelet has Super Duos, 8/0's and 11/0's.  I love how the pattern works well with each new piece.  I added each new starfish at a 180 degree angle.  I like that it looks like a wave of starfish sitting on the beach.  What do you think?  If you would like to get the pattern, fly on over to Beccas and get it.

Another thing about when art screams at you for your undivided attention is that you end up doing one thing and another one comes up from it.  After making this bracelet I decided that I wanted to make a necklace to match.  One problem, I did not have all the beads I need for the necklace, so now I have to wait for them to come in so I can make the necklace.  ARG!  Makes me think I need to have more beads.  (Snort!)

I just wanted to mention here what I am thankful for.  I am of course thankful for family, friends and the fact that I have a job.  But I am also thankful for the fact that I am able to be creative.  I think without creativity in my life I would probably be very unhappy.  What are you thankful for?

This week I will be driving 1500 miles round trip to visit family and so with that in mind I say to you all have a blessed and thankful week this week.  Enjoy your family and food.  Be safe and be blessed, and I would like to say that I am thankful for everyone of you who visit regularly and leave me a litle comment.  If you would like to join in the inchie fun just fly on over to here and check out EIM.  The 2016 list is up and it looks to be a creativity stretcher for myself.  I hope that you all think about joining in the fun.

16 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to be able to create and to be a part of the creative blog community as well. Enjoy your trip.

    Love the inchie and the bracelet is amazing

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chrissie. I love being part of this community

      Delete
  2. Wow Tina, your bracelet is fabulous, and I can't thank you enough for the links. You are also starting to pick up on my sarcastic vibe a bit too! lol I LIKE it!!! Please be safe traveling and have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, I have always been sarcastic, but I haven't put it much in the blog as I know some people don't get my sarcasm. But reading your blog reminds me of how sarcastic I am and that it has been lacking in my blog. Thanks for the pattern and you likewise have a blessed and happy thanksgiving

      Delete
  3. Make your 'starfish' 6 pointed and you have snowflakes!! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous inchie and bracelet.
    Have a good trip and drive safely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your post. You are so good at beading because you give it a lot of attention. Some of us, meaning me, stretch ourselves so thin with all our interests (can you say OHH Shiny?) that we never become really good at anything. I love that bracelet! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, (shiny, where are shiny things??) I think that some people are better at juggling more than one thing at a time. I only see beads! LOL

      Delete
  6. Why did I think you would find crochet a challenge this week??? I have a long necklace that is beads threaded onto wire that a friend then crocheted- looks pretty good!

    Safe driving & happy thanksgiving to you & yours!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yea, It stretched my creativity this week. I bet your necklace is beautiful

      Delete
  7. Even though I crochet and bead, I find bead crochet difficult to do mainly because you have to know how many beads you will use and thread them on the yarn before your begin - this stymies me every time! Great inchie - I have such a hard time following crochet patterns but they are pretty. Happy Thanksgiving, although, being Canadian, I have already celebrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kia, I know I get a bit confused when I read bead crochet patterns.

      Delete
  8. Dear Freebird, I like your interpretation for the crochet pattern and the bracelet is adorable. I haven't tried bead crochet and I think that's just beyond me. I am thankful too for having creativity flow though my veins and for having a loving community of artists far and wide. I will be hosting the big event with some close at hand. Be careful out there. Godspeed. c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, I also kinda feel that way about bead crochet but part of me has this fantasy that I will be great at it and make the most beautiful ropes. LOL You take care dear lady and have a blessed Thanksgiving. You are in my prayers

      Delete