Monday, May 18, 2015

Willdfire of a Movie

I hope everyone is doing well.  I am worn out but happy.  My Mom and Sister came down from Illinois for the week.  The plan is to go thru all my Mom's things and get what she really wants and get rid of the rest (minus what us the kids want).  Who knew that it would be a long hard week of hot sweaty hours in a badly ventilated shed, transitioning to hours in a air conditioned tiny house?  ME AND MY SISTER DID!!!!!  LOL  But who cares it is great to be with them, telling stories and just hanging out. 

Today I also found out that I have a torn Meniscus.  It is a small part between the bones.  Hurts like hell.  I don't know how there are going to be able to fix it until I get an MRI.  I am hoping it does not involve, being put under and knives!  I also like that the Dr told me to stay away from stairs!  I work upstairs at my job.  No elevator!  LOL  Work will be fun when I go back. 

Ok, enough of knee issues, how about some bead candy!  This week's theme over at Every Inchie Monday the theme is Movie.  I remember growing up and always going to the movies every weekend.  In a small town that was one of the few cool things to do.  I also remember waiting in line, (for hours) to see E.T. when it came out.  It was like the whole town came out to watch it!  I also remember going to see Purple Rain (hey, it was the 80's) and having to get my Mom take me so I could see it since it was a R rated movie.  Biggest mistake EVER!  She still wont let me live it down!  LOL. 

My inchie this week shows off the best part of going to the movies.  POPCORN!  For my inchie I used 4 colors of Delicas and even though I messed up on the pattern, I like it. Hope you do too.


Also, I decided to start making twinchies; which are 2x2" squares of artwork.  Just like the inchies!  I really took forever to decide if I wanted to start making twinchies.  I was really worried that I would not be able to do 2 inches of artwork.  I do like how this one came out though.  I think I might like trying out the rest of the year,(And you know me, I will end up making all the ones I have missed so far this year).

So over at Two by Two by Tuesday they have a new theme every 2 weeks and the theme this week is Wildfire.  I used 8 colors of Delicas.  I like the texture in this,  There are 4 trees that are sadly going up in flames. 





Hope you like it.  I really love the colors. 

Everyone have a great week and don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out the great work there.  Also if you are interested to try twinchies then soar on over to
2x2xT and check it out.

20 comments:

  1. great beadwork as usual. I love the way the popcorn sparkles like that old greasy butter used to. Your wildfire is also great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you soon feel better. Sounds like you have been working hard

    Love both pieces you made-very clever ideas

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing! Meniscus troubles are s$%t. Rapt you're doing twinchies now. Your bushfire twinchie is stunning! POPCORN - hooray for popcorn! So well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe, I have been avoiding the dr for weeks. Lol I am loving the idea of the twinchies.

      Delete
  4. Oh, that torn meniscus sound like trouble! At least you can still bead through that if you want to.

    Two wonderful beaded shares this week, can't believe you're doing twinchies as well!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally. I wish I had more time to bead. Lol. Not enough hours in the day.

      Delete
  5. I love the popcorn and I think I like the wildfire even more! Please take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean, I am working on taking care of myself

      Delete
  6. Yummy: popcorn! Love your inchie and your twinchie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inches. I love that popcorn! It's great! Nice work. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Freebird, I'm sorry to hear of your health issues; I hope you heal quickly and well. Love the popcorn--isn't that just about the best part of going to the movies?! And your twinchie is absolutely phenomenal. Thank you for participating in the Two by Two challenge. ;love that you are doing it! Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yes popcorn and twizzlers are the only movie foods for me! I am glad I am trying them out, I am actually going back and doing the ones I missed.

      Delete
  9. I love your popcorn-movie-inchie, very nice idea :-)
    And your fire-twinchie is fantastic, I like the colours and the "life" in the fire, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, I really love the red and oranges together

      Delete