Sunday, September 21, 2014

Salmon and an Update

This week's theme over at Every Inchie Monday is Salmon.  I first thought about the color salmon but I really did not know what that looked like!!!  HAHA.  So I then thought about the fish.  So I designed an inchie with 4 salmon-looking fish on it.  Then just before I started to bead it I decided to reverse one of the fish.  He is the one swimming upstream!


I love how this turned out.  I hope that you can see it.  All 3 colors are silver lined delicas.  I was not really sure about there being seaweed in the water near salmon but I needed something to offset the fish so there ya go! 

For those who read last weeks blog post and wondered about Kiki, she is good and no worse for the wear.  It took her 5 days to pass the needle, bead work and thread!  5 DAYS!  We were all so stressed out waiting.  Me and my kids were actually about to tear apart the couch to see if it went inside.  But then she took care of that.  Kiki saved the couch!  lol.

Don't forget to fly on over to EIM and check out the great work that the ladies there have done.  Have a blessed and creative (and stress free!) week! 

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic inchie and so pleased all is well with the needle and bead work dilemma

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the inchie, glad cat is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this inchie is a true work of art. So clever and SO well done, I bow down to the master. Glad Kiki is ok - what a relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kia, I am glad that you think it is an art piece. I really love the look of it.

      Delete
  4. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad! Go 9 lives! Everything else will work out sooner or later, the house and all that, you'll see. Health is the main one, and Kiki's showing us how it's done. Your inchie is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe, you are so right, health is the main thing!

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful beadwork. You have such a way with selecting just the right color and style beads! I am thrilled your puddy tat is well. Have a brilliant day! c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CS, that means alot as I always feel like I am horrible at choosing colors. We are all glad that Kiki is well. I think none of us breathed at all this last week!

      Delete